Sunday, 7 May 2017

Agendas for Theale Parish Council AGM and Meeting 8th May 2017



Apologies for Absence.

1.     Election of Chairman for the Council year 2017/2018      

2.     To receive the Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office

3.     Appointment of Vice Chairman for the Council year 2017/2018


4.     Council is invited to appoint representatives to sit on the following outside Bodies:

(a)   AWE Local Liaison Committee
(b)   Theale Rail Sidings Liaison Committee
(c)   Dr Ellerton’s Charity
(d)   Tilehurst Poor Lands’ Charity
(e)   Parish Plan
(f)    Village Hall Committee 



Apologies for absence & Declarations of Interest

1.         Open Forum for members of the public (15 minutes)
2.             Chairman’s Remarks - notification of matters to be raised

                        SECTION A


3.         To adopt the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on Monday 3rd April 2017.

4.            Matters arising from the Minutes of Meeting referred to at (3), Monday 3rd April 2017.

                        SECTION B

5.         District Council Report
6.         *Clerk’s Report

7.              New Planning Applications – to include all received by meeting date:

Conversion of existing office space (B1) to two residential flats (C3) including internal modifications

The Bethell & Read Group/ SIPP

Unit 1, Brewery Court,
Theale, RG7 5AJ
Change of use from B1 (office) to C3 (residential) creating 4 flats

Real Estates Associates

Unit 2, Brewery Court,
Theale, RG7 5AJ
Proposed change of use of land from agricultural to outdoor recreational & leisure facilities with parking

West Berkshire Council

Land North of Englefield Road, Theale
Site wide lighting scheme for way finding & safety
Patron Arlington SARL

Arlington Business Park, Theale, Reading RG7 4SA

Replaces 16/03575/
Two storey side extension & single storey rear extension
Adam & Anna Gunton
29 The Green,
8.     Fire Station - Theale
Members have been informed that RBFRS is holding a public consultation on its plans to build a new fire station at Wigmore Lane, Theale. The consultation takes place on Wednesday 3rd May, 3pm – 5pm & 6pm – 8pm, at the Gateway Centre, Theale Library. Members to note and to discuss any issues arising.   

9.     Theale Library - Update
Cllr Richardson and the Clerk to provide an update on the situation regarding the provision of a library service at Theale and the proposal by WBC that TPC take over responsibility for the Gateway Centre.
10.   *Theale Station Upgrade
The Clerk has written to the Managing Director, Great Western Railway and to Alok Sharma MP registering TPC’s disappointment in the latest delay to this project. Responses have been received and Alok Sharma is due to meet with a senior figure in the Department for Transport to discuss this matter. Members to note.

11.    Neighbourhood Wardens Scheme
The Clerk will provide an update on work carried out in regard to establishing a replacement scheme.

12.    Thames Valley Police
 A new five year Police and Crime Plan has been published on TVP’s website, setting out the priorities for the years ahead. Members to note.                                                    
13.     West Berkshire Heritage Forum
Councillors have been invited to the WBHF AGM which will be held at 7pm on Tuesday 16th May 2017 at Pangbourne Village Hall.

14.  Community Council for Berkshire
TPC’s membership of CCB is up for renewal at an annual subscription cost of £30. Members to RESOLVE accordingly,

15.     Annual Parish Assembly
 A reminder that the Annual Parish Assembly will be held at 7.30pm on Monday 22nd May 2017, in the Peter Gooch room.

16.    Parish Council Street Lights
SSE has informed the council that replacement parts for its street lights will become harder to source in time as low pressure sodium lanterns ceased to be manufactured. Members to discuss the forward planning of an upgrade to TPC’s street lights.

17.      Authorisation of Payments                                   
          Members to authorise payments listed on Sheet No. 487 and dated 8th May 2017.   

         *Direct Debit Report, March 2017 – for information only


18.        *Items for Information  
Correspondence and items of information received since 3rd April 2017                         


19.        Chairman’s Remarks.
            Chairman to issue any notice and to deal with any matter notified under (2) above

Pursuant to section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 it is resolved
that, because of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted, the public and the
press leave the meeting during consideration of Part II.

                        20.         Part II Items
                                    *Members to adopt Part II Minute 153 dated 3rd April 2017.        
                                        For information only – Payment sheet 488 dated 8th May 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment